Breaking News, Investigations

Killer Suspect Recounts How Kirumira was gunned own

A 28 year old man who was arrested by operatives from Chieftaincy of Military Intelligence (CMI) three days ago in Wakiso town in connection to the murder of former Buyende DPC late ASP Muhammad Kirumira has confessed the killing.

Intelligence sources from CMI revealed to this investigating website that the suspect Muzamir was trailed to Yumbe district where he has been in the hiding.

“Among the telephone numbers we discovered from late Kirumira’s phone, Muzamir’s number was the received numbers and had talked to the deceased 20 minutes before he was shot dead. After the shooting, Muzamir’s phone went off.” An officer at CMI told this investigative website.

He further told us that the phone kept going on and off and after four days it went on and was located in Yumbe District.

“We tried to relocate his number in Yumbe and again was on and off because of poor network and we decided to give him some time”.

The Investigating officer says when CMI analyzed his call data, he was connected to one police officer C/ASP Senono who is now is detention on the same charges.

“We also found out that this man’s number after calling Kirumira in Bulenga, he also called Senono and after the shooting all two numbers went off at the same time,” another CMI investigator added saying that this brought suspicion and led to the arrest of ASP Senono.

He noted that three days ago, GPS located Muzamir’s number in Wakiso district where they went and picked him.

“When we tried his number after some two weeks, it showed us that he was in Wakiso town and we rushed and picked him. We found him in a hotel which we cannot disclose at this moment,” he added.

The source says after he was taken to CMI, he recorded statement, and was later taken for medical test and the results showed he was mentally stable.

“He confessed to us that he trailed Kirumira until he was killed,”


Sources at CMI intimated to us that after Muzamir made a confession in his statement at CMI, he was brought to Kampala central police station for charge and caution statement.

After recording charge and caution statement, Johnson Olal the Kampala Metropolitan CID commander and other senior detectives together with CMI operatives drove to the murder scene to confirm whether what he said in his statement was true.

The detective were impressed when Muzamir when he took the them to the exact point where Kirumira was gunned down and even told them how many bullets killed him.

“This man really participated, he took us to the place where Kirumira was killed and even took us where he was standing when Kirumira was being shot,” said detective from CID Natete who is part of the investigations.

“The man confessed to us who he communicated with Kirumira on phone and he told him that he was heading to his home and he later called the killers who finished him,” said a detective.

The detective added that the killer revealed that after Kirumira was murdered, he switched off his phone and slept on one of the lodges at mile 9 and in the morning he went to Yumbe but kept communicating with the killers.

The detective says the killer said he had come to Wakiso to meet some people whom he demanded his money.

“From the scene, he was brought back to CPS Kampala but after a shot time he was taken back to CMI in Mbuya. He left CPS at around 7:00pm under tight security,” said another detective.

Efforts to get a comment from CID Commander Johnson Olal were futile as his phones were off by press time.


Previous ArticleNext Article

Leave a Reply